The Brazilian butt lift is on the rise, and the wave is just unfolding. A decade ago, BBL was only reserved for the celebrities and the affluent, fast-forward to 2019, everyone is doing it.
Here is everything you need to know about BBL:
What is a BBL?
A Brazilian butt lift (BBL) surgery is a cosmetic procedure that is designed to enhance the appearance of buttocks, by giving them a natural incredible look and feel. The procedure involves the transfer of fat from one area of the patient’s body to the buttocks.
Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
The Brazilian Butt Lift surgery usually takes between two to four hours to perform. It consists of fat grafting that is known for its natural-looking results. Below are the steps that were taken during the procedure:
- In most cases, the procedure is usually performed under anesthesia, but in situations where the amount of fat to be transferred is small, surgeons may perform it under local anesthesia (numbing medication). If you are one of those people who get sickened by anesthesia, you should tell your surgeon beforehand, and he/she will give you anti-nausea medication.
- Once the anesthesia medication has kicked-in, your surgeon will then use the liposuction technique to drain the fat from other areas of your body (thighs, stomach, hips, etc.) The process of liposuction involves making incisions in the skin and then using a medical tube to drain the fatty tissues from your body.
- The fat stores that have been drained from your body are then purified and re-injected into your buttocks.
- According to the patient’s desires, the purified fat is injected into specific areas of the buttocks to create a more rounded, full look and attractive buttock. To transfer this fat, surgeons usually make 3 to 5 incisions in specific areas around the buttocks.
- The incisions and liposuction are then closed using stitches. Soon after this has been done, your surgeon will then minimize any potential risk of bleeding by applying a compression garment on the treated areas of your skin.
Despite the fact that the BBL procedure comes with possible risks, the surgery has a lot of benefits that outweigh the rare complications. Articulated below are some of the BBL benefits you should expect:
BBL will improve your body’s proportions
One of the many reasons that people undergo the BBL procedure is to enhance their body’s proportions.
Brazilian butt lift enhances your butt, and it gives you that attractive round shaped figure you have always dreamt of. Your butt is reshaped so as to modify the natural curvature of your body. This implies that one can either have bigger buttocks or have an hourglass figure. You decide.
So, if you have been living a healthy lifestyle and trying to achieve that hourglass figure, it’s high time to try the Brazilian butt lift procedure.
BBL reduces fat tissues in other parts of your body
Besides making lifting your butt, making it more shapely and bigger, the BBL surgery will also help you lose unwanted fat pockets from other areas of your body.
During the procedure, your surgeon will use the fat that is already in your body. As mentioned earlier, they drain it from your body, purify and ready it, and then they re-inject it into your buttocks. Here are some of the areas they may remove the fat from:
- Love Handles
This surgery is a win-win situation for the patient because the fat is removed from an area where the patient doesn't want it, and it injected where she wants it.
BBL gives you a natural look and feel
You are more likely to get unnatural results from implants and artificial fillers, especially when your body changes, and you begin to gain or lose weight.
But since the Brazilian butt lift uses real fat deposits from your own body, the results are always natural both in appearance and feel. Even if you lose or gain weight, your body shape will adjust accordingly, and that natural look and feel will still be there.
Here are some of the benefits you should expect from a Brazilian butt lift:
- You will get quick.
- You will look better in your clothes.
- It is a safe form of butt enhancement.
- Cellulite will be less invisible.
BBL Side Effects
Compared to other butt surgeries, a Brazilain butt lift carries fewer potential risks. But just like any other surgery, BBL has its own possible side effects, and some of them are very serious. They are as follows:
- Discomfort or pain
- Lumps under the skin in the areas suctioned or injected
- Loss of skin in the treated areas caused by deep infection
- fat embolism in the heart or lungs, which can be life-threatening.
As a result of BBL, recent reports indicate a fatality rate of 1 in 3000. When performed by the wrong, inexperienced surgeon, you are more likely to suffer from one (or more) of the above side effects.
Before and After
If you are curious about what BBL looks like, your surgeon will show you a portfolio of pictures so as to give you a better idea of what to expect after the surgery.
Just like any other cosmetic surgery, after the BBL procedure, you will need special care. For two weeks after the surgery, you are not recommended to sleep on your butt. Meaning, that you will either sleep sideways or on your stomach until you are healed completely.
When the patient wishes to sit, it’s either they will have to do so sideways or they soft pillows or comfort pillows for two weeks following surgery.
For several during your recovery process, your buttocks may be swollen.
Depending on your desired goals, you may need more than one surgical appointment to achieve the exact kind of results you want. Sometimes it can take close to 6 months before you begin to recognize the full results from the first procedure.
BBL Cost in Turkey
Compared to the US and other European countries, the cost of Butt Lift is relatively low in Turkey. The cost of BBL in the US can range between $5,476 to $10,171. In Turkey, you can always expect to fork out something like € 3,090 or less.
Who is a good candidate for a BBL?
Brazilian butt lift is not suitable for every female who feels they want it. The first prerequisite of the surgery is to have enough or rather excess fat pockets in some areas of your body. If you have no excess fat deposits, then there won’t be any liposuction, and this automatically makes you unsuitable for BBL. One also has to be in a healthy condition and not under any medication.
BBL vs. Sculptra Butt Lift, Silicone Implants, and Liposuction
Nowadays, butt augmentations are getting popular by the day. Besides the butt lift, if you need any other surgery to improve your butt, you can consider the following:
- Liposuction: If you have excess fatty tissues in the gluteal area, the surgeon will advise you to remove them so as to create more roundness. Liposuction is only for fat removal, and it cannot be used to transfer fat used in a BBL.
- Sculptra butt lift: this procedure is a type of dermal filler used to plump up the skin because of natural losses of volume that comes with age. In most cases, the filler is used for facial wrinkles, but it can sometimes be used concurrently with a BBL so as to attain maximum volume.
- Silicone butt implants: this procedure uses silicone implants to place them in your buttocks. It can be used alongside BBL, although it is much more invasive than BBL. These implants are risky because they can displace with time. Meaning, one will need a second surgery in the future.
If you are one of the people who needs a BBL surgery, don’t hesitate to get hold with our team for assistance.
This content is edited by Flymedi Medical Editors in September 2019.