The basic difference between Brazilian Butt Lift and older buttocks enhancement techniques is the material used for bum implants. While in the case of older generation bum lift surgeries silicone or other artificial materials were used, Brazilian Buttock Lift utilizes fat transfer to buttocks. Surgeons perform liposuction to remove fat from other areas of the body (often the stomach, hips, and thighs), and then they transfer that fat is to the buttocks. In some cases, additional liposuction can be completed around the butt to improve the appearance of lift and contour, resulting in a more proportionally balanced body profile.
In this article, we will focus on Brazilian Butt Lift recovery process, including recovery time and recommendations throughout this period.
Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery Process – First Week
This is a crucial moment for the Brazilian Butt Lift recovery process. Patients should avoid sitting on their buttocks since fat tissue planted through fat transfer to buttocks remained unattached to surrounding tissues.
In the state of the graft after liposuction, it is especially vulnerable and direct sitting on it may cause blood shortages and therefore – necrosis.
However, if any of these phenomena is getting out of hand, it is suggested to contact the specialist who performed your BBL surgery. Finally, Brazilian Buttock Lift patients are asked to wear the compression garment. It prevents any tissue swelling and discomfort, and provide you to get the best possible body contouring results.
Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery – First Two Months
Later, when the first, critical week after Brazilian Butt Lift surgery passes, we are allowed to lead a more active life. Gradually, basic, not too strenuous physical activity is allowed. Somewhere around this period, the garment can be put aside, but it is up to consultation with the specialist who conducted fat transfer to buttocks. Directly sitting is still unadvised; therefore donut pillow or inflatable pillow is highly recommended.
After 2 or 3 weeks of Brazilian buttock lift recovery process, we may be able to come back to work. The exact time depends on the scale of liposuction and fat transfer to buttocks. For the first few weeks after surgery, your initial results will be completely masked by swelling caused by tissue damage. Even after the swelling goes down, it can take upwards of six months to see your final results. Be patient and don’t worry; this is all part of the recovery process.
Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery Process – Final Stage
Finally, after the first two months, you will enter the stage of Brazilian bum lift recovery process, when you wait for the final effects of buttocks enhancement to appear. In this time the previous lifestyle may be resumed – there’s no danger to fat tissue extracted through liposuction and planted in buttocks as kind of natural butt implants.
You may start to exercise, to work and to sit directly on buttocks. Swelling is receding throughout this period, and after a few months, we are able to see the final form of buttocks after the surgery. Therefore, at this stage, the Brazilian Butt Lift recovery process may be considered finished.
BBL Recovery – General Advice
We would like to underline some crucial points of successful Brazilian Butt Lift recovery process:
• Especially in the first week of Brazilian buttock lift surgery recovery time, you should wear your compression garment.
• Pay attention to bruising, swelling and bleeding from incisions after your BBL surgery – limited is normal, excessive means complications. When you notice something wrong, you may need to call your surgeon to take him/her advice.
• During Brazilian Butt Lift recovery process take the pills prescribed by your doctor. They will help to pass through initial pain and avoiding infections.
• As new fat tissue will be vulnerable in the beginning, avoid sitting directly on your buttocks after your BBL surgery. It is also advised to continue to avoid sleeping on your back for the first eight weeks after the surgery.
• You can do sports beginning from the second stage of Brazilian butt lift recovery time. However, start from the lighter activities and increase the intensity gradually.
• The answer to the question "when can I come back to work after BBL surgery?" depends on the type of work you do, scale of liposuction and other factors. So, the best answer to this question will be given by your surgeon.
This content is edited by Flymedi Medical Editors in March 2019.