Are you considering dental tourism for affordable dental and oral care? Well, before we go any further, it must be said that lower prices don't necessarily mean that the quality will be compromised.
Dental tourism, or visiting other countries for dental treatment is fast becoming a norm for Brits, Australians, Americans, and Canadians because of the high cost of dental treatment in their countries.
ALSO CHECK: What are the Most Common Dental Procedures?
Dental tourism has been on a steep rise in Turkey in the last couple of years, and if the stats are anything to go by, the number of dental tourists visiting Turkey will keep on increasing.
Turkey has been at the forefront of dental tourism due to its affordable prices, highly skilled dentists, luxurious dental clinics and strategic geographical position.
In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about dental tourism in Turkey. If you are smart, bookmark this article and use it as a guide that will allow for dental tourism in Turkey.
Dental Costs in Turkey
Is Dental Care Cheap?
Needless to say, dental treatments like veneers, dental implants, dentures and crowns are performed at a lower cost in Turkey than they are in North America. Thousands of foreign tourists visit Turkey to explore the country’s monumental landmarks, and while at it, they also opt for dental procedures.
As indicated above, the cost of dental care in Turkey is reasonably cheap as compared to the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Dental care treatments in Turkey will have you save up to 80% of the amount you'd have used for the same treatment in the aforementioned countries. In the US, you are more likely to spend between $80and $200 for a scaling and polishing procedure. But for that same treatment in Turkey, you can fork out something between $50 and $60. In Turkey, tooth extractions are as low as $25.
How Much is Dental Implant?
In Turkey, the average price for getting a dental implant ranges between $800 to $1,000. You can still find popular dental implant brands like Nobel Biocare at $1,200 in Turkey –this is three times less the price in the US.
How Much is a Full Set of Dental Implants (All-on-4)?
The All-on-4 implants are often done in several clinics in Istanbul and other big cities in Turkey. You can expect to spend between 5.000€ and 10.000€ for a full set of All-on-4 implants. This dental procedure might sound like an extremely expensive one right? But wait until you compare the prices to countries like Mexico, Hungary, the United States and the United Kingdom.
How Much Do Veneers Cost?
It’s an open secret that dental veneers cost 40% less in Turkey than in the US, UK, Germany and Canada. The price of Porcelain veneers are not the same across Turkey, they usually depend on the fee of the dentist performing the procedure. But, just to give you an idea, the average cost of dental veneers in Turkey ranges between €150 – €450 per tooth.
How to Choose a Dental Clinic in Turkey
Considering that there are a number of state-of-the-art dental clinics in Turkey, it is hard to point out to one specific clinic. The starting point to choosing the right dental clinic in Turkey is research. Before you even fly out to Turkey, you should do research and lower the risk of a botched treatment at a wrong clinic.
So here is what you need to research on:
You have to make sure that your dentist has internationally recognized certificates before you sign any papers. Ask for the before and after photos of previous patients that the dentist has treated.
When it comes to the dental clinic, research on the following:
- Equipment: Nowadays, the best medical equipment is computerized, so you should make sure that the clinic has uses technologically advanced equipment to treat its patients. Do not make any compromises on this.
- Accreditations: Just like the dentist, the clinic also has to be internationally accredited and an affiliate of an international organisation. This is also important because it means that all the dental procedures are performed followed by the ISO 9001 quality system certifications’ hygiene and technological requirements.
- Reviews of the clinic: Check for online reviews about every dental clinic. If possible, reach out to the previous patients of the clinic and ask them about the services of the clinic.
- How to get a quote: Getting a quote should also be not a difficult thing and it is something that should be easily done online. Minutes after you have requested a quote, it should be delivered to your email alongside every other important details you may need.
- Do I need a visa?: Just like in many countries, you will need a valid passport as well as a visa to enter Turkey. For specific Turkish visa requirements for your country, you can check this website Turkish MFA website.
- Will people speak my language?: Most dental clinics in Turkey have staff members that speak more than 5 languages. The most common languages used are English, Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic, German, Persian, Dutch, Italian, Greek, Croatian, Romanian and Serbian.
- Is Turkey safe?: You might have came across an article that points out to Turkey not being safe. But the honest truth is, Turkey welcomes close to a million health tourists every year, and they all return safely to their home countries after having successful treatment in Turkey. The issue of safety is actually not a concern at all.
- Is the cuisine of Turkey is good?: Turkey has a rich diversity of Cuisine. What makes even more fascinating is the history of the cuisine –Turkish cuisine is largely the heritage of the Ottoman Empire which can be described as a mixture and refinement of Greek, Middle Eastern, Eastern European and Central Asian cuisine.
If you have done your research and you’re satisfied, then it’s time to get hold of a dentist. There is no need to be nervous, follow this guide and ask the exact things we recommended in this post.
This content is edited by Flymedi Medical Editors in November 2019.