One of the most common problems faced by both men and women worldwide is hair loss.
One-third of the population goes through this problem. And everyone loses 100 hair strands each day.
It’s a natural phenomenon, so you don’t have to worry about a few hair follicles falling off. There are many ways to treat hair loss, but the most reliable method is hair transplant transplantation.
This article will walk you through everything you need to know about hair transplant surgery.
After reading this article, if you are still unsure about the exact hair transplant clinic to go to, we suggest that you try an award-winning clinic –Estepalace.
What is a hair transplant?
A hair transplant is a cosmetic surgery that is designed to combat the problem of hair loss. It involves moving hair follicles from an area with sufficient hair growth to an area that is bald. At Estepalace, all the hair transplant procedures are performed using the PRP method.
Not every person is an eligible candidate for a hair transplant procedure; one must first have a donor area in any part of his/her body. People who usually form keloids scars after an incision may have some complications that may negatively affect the surgery results.
Why do I have hair loss?
People typically lose 50 to 100 hair follicles daily. Most people do not realize this because new hair grows at the same time. The problem of hair loss occurs when new hair doesn't replace the hair that has fallen out.
Hair loss is typically related to one or more of the following factors:
- Family history.
- Hormonal changes and medical conditions.
- Medications and supplements.
- Radiation therapy to the head.
- A very stressful event.
- Hairstyles and treatments.
Where is the best destination for a hair transplant?
In case you didn’t know, over 700 000 health tourists visited Turkey in 2018 for different medical and cosmetic treatments.
Which cosmetic procedure do you think was the most sought-after?
Yes, you’re right. According to Turkey’s Health and Tourism Association, "420,000 foreign patients seek hair transplant treatment in Turkey per year.” If you’re good with mathematics, the calculations will tell you that there are over 8,000 hair transplant surgeries performed in Turkey every week and over 1000 procedures daily.
This shows how massive is the hair transplant tourism in Turkey, isn’t it?
So, if you’re having a hair transplant in Turkey, just know that there are thousand foreign patients in Turkish clinics, and they are also having their hair follicles being moved from a donor area to a bald area.
What are the costs?
If you need to have a hair transplant surgery that is affordable, then you need to head to Turkey. Regarded as Europe’s hotspot for hair transplant, Turkey is home to hundreds of top quality hair transplant clinics, and it has some of the international acclaimed hair transplant specialists. The country has a low cost of living as compared to other European countries, and this explains the ridiculously low prices of hair transplants.
According to the United Kingdom’s National Health Service, a hair transplant is priced anywhere between £1,000 and £30,000. The Healthline Magazine reports that a hair transplant in the United States ranges anywhere from $4,000 to $15,000. This same surgery will cost you €1,900 in Turkey, and this price doesn’t mean that the outcome is compromised.
How can I choose the right clinic?
Several factors can determine the success of a hair transplant procedure, among them, is the institution where you have it. You cannot expect satisfying results in a clinic that generally has a lower success rate for hair transplants procedures. Even though Turkey has many hair transplant clinics, it doesn’t mean that they are all top-notch.
So, when choosing a hair transplant clinic in Turkey, you have to consider the following:
- The doctor: it goes without saying that the expertise of the doctor performing the hair transplant procedure will influence the outcome. It’s always advised to ask for the doctor’s before-and-after photos of their previous patients and to ask about their experience as well as their training.
- The clinic: As mentioned earlier, the clinic is critical. There are dozens of world-class hair transplant clinics in Turkey; you can even ask for pictures of the clinics before you leave your home country.
- Equipment: With this being a digital era, best clinics now use technologically advanced devices when performing a surgery. This is something that you should consider.
- Accreditations: If a hair transplant clinic is that good, it should be recognized globally. It must be an affiliate of an international organization such as the Global Council of Hair Restoration Surgery Societies. Internationally accredited clinics usually have a well-trained staff and a sky-high success rate.
- Online reviews of the clinic: Online ratings are very reliable, and they can help you know the experiences and opinions of other foreign patients who also visited Turkey for a Hair transplant. You can even reach out to those patients and get some recommendations from them.
This content is edited by Flymedi Medical Editors in July,2020.