You know it’s the right time to consider having a facelift when your feel the early laxity of your face. You can noticed this early laxity by tilting your head down and the skin moves more than it used to.
Suppose you have decided to have the facelift surgery, you should spend some time preparing for it. Yes, preparation can help ensure you have a successful procedure and your recovery is smooth.
So what should you do to prepare for a facelift surgery?
Well, you don’t have to wonder about the preparation anymore, this article will show you how to do it exactly. But first, let’s look at what facelift is, shall we?
ALSO READ: 7 Surprising Facelift Facts You Should Know
What Is A Face Lift?
Facelift surgery is also known as Rhytidectomy.
This procedure aims to combat aging signs on the face and neck. So you can think of it as an anti-aging surgery that helps people look fresh and younger again.
Considering that it’s an anti-aging procedure, its usually regarded as cosmetic surgery. Sometimes facelift can be performed alongside eyelid surgery – that’s if a patient needs a complete rescucitation of their facial appearance.
There are two types of facelift surgery. Mini-facelift and Standard Facelift. The latter is a minor surgery as compared to the Standard or traditional facelift. Although they are all meant to give an attractive youthful appearance, they are performed using different techniques.
How to Prepare For Facelift Surgery
Preparing for Rhytidectomy is the same as preparing for any medical operation. Preparation is an important part of the whole process.
So this is how you should prepare for the facelift surgery:
First things first, the surgeon will have to make some tests and body examinations before the surgery starts. This is done to make sure that the patient has no underlying conditions that can affect the outcome of the surgery.
If a patient is currently on medication, his or her medication can be altered.
Smoking is prohibited for a month before the surgery – this is done so as to avoid complications during the patient’s recovery period.
Just like in any other plastic surgery, the patient is also expected to abstain from aspirins and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Any patient is required to carefully follow these instructions as they determine the outcome of the surgery.
What Happens During A Face Lift Procedure?
- You should use a thin towel around and ice bag and place it over the surgical sites. If you can do this as much as possible for the first 3 days after the surgery, you can control swelling and it will make you comfort.
- You may take a shower the day after your surgery, however you should be very gentle when washing and drying the face.
- You should avoid lifting heavy things for one week following your surgery. This may raise the blood pressure and can cause bleeding.
- You should arrange for someone to stay with you for at least the first 24 hours after surgery.
- You should rest with your head elevated well for at least the first week after surgery.
- If you feel any sort of discomfort, you can take the prescribed pain medications.
- you should restrict your activities for several days after the surgery. It is recommended to rest well 7 to 10 days before resuming physical activity.
- You should resume not smoking for at least 2 weeks after surgery as smoking delays healing and increases the risk of complications.
- Protect your face, head and neck from any pressure or impact.
- You should avoid excessive sun exposure of your face for one month.
- After all stitches have been removed or resolved, postoperative scars will appear a pink color. There will also be some swelling in and around the scars. Within time, the pink color will change to white, the firmness of the scar will soften, and they will become less noticeable.
Facelift Surgery in Turkey
Facelift surgery in Turkey has been performed for over two decades. Turkish surgeons have performed thousands and thousands of Facelift surgeries over the years, no wonder they are regarded amongst the top surgeons in the World. Most of the Facelift surgery patients are foreigners from the US, Western Europe and Northern Africa.
Facelift surgery is one of the most popular plastic surgeries in Istanbul, there are dozens of state-of-the-art facilities that provide best treatment and cosmetic services. If you don’t know how to go about it, you can reach out to one of our professional healthcare assistant and they can assist you.