Over the years, dental veneers have proved to be an efficient and fast way to an attractive beautiful smile.
If you have stained,chipped or gap tooths, you can rely on dental veneers to enhance the appearance of your smile.
Interested in learning more about veneers?
Well this article will walk you through everything you need to know about dental veneers. You might as well need to save or bookmark this page for later, when you have more time.
ALSO CHECK: Why Should I Whiten My Teeth?
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin and customized shells that are designed to cover the front surface of teeth so as to improve their appearance. They come in different shapes, sizes, colors and the most common types of veneers are made of porcelain or composite resin. If you want to enhance the look of stained, chipped, broken, or undesired teeth, your dentist might suggest dental veneers.
Considering that they always enhance the appearance of the patient’s teeth/tooth, it's safe to say that dental veneers are applied for cosmetic purposes. But in some cases, veneers are preferred as part of an overall dental makeover that includes treatment for gum disease.
If the veneers are to be replaced by a broken or chipped tooth, only one or two veneers may be sufficient, but six to eight dental veneers may also be provided to create a harmonic, symmetrical smile. The most commonly performed veneers procedure involves the upper-anterior eight teeth.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages?
Without any drop of doubt, Veneers are modern dentistry’s best way to replicate nature. That is what cosmetic dentistry is all about, right? But just like any other cosmetic dentistry procedure, veneers have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages.
Let’s start by looking at the advantages of veneers:
No matter the type of veneer material that will be used on you, all types of veneers offer the following advantages:
- They give a natural tooth appearance. This means that people won’t tell if you had a dental surgery or not.
- They are not harmful, in fact, gum tissues tolerate porcelain very well.
- As mentioned earlier, veneers give a perfect smile.
- They come in different colors and they are easily customizable.
- Generally, veneers don’t require an extensive shaping prior to the procedure that dental crowns do.
And for the disadvantages:
- Veneers do not change their original color. So if your teeth begin to change their color as you grow, veneers will still maintain their original color – and this can create some embarrassing disparities in one’s smile.
- You have to always stay in contact with your dentist so that they make sure your attractive smile is still maintained.
- When compared to white fillings or dental crowns, dental veneers are more prone to cracking and chipping.
- This procedure is not just for everyone. It is not ideal for individuals who have the habit of biting nails, chewing ice and grinding teeth.
- If you are one of the people who have gum disease, weak enamel or other dental problems – this procedure is not suitable for you.
These advantages and disadvantages of dental veneers will help you decide if the procedure is good for you or not.
Cost of Dental Veneers in Turkey
Needless to say, dental treatments like veneers, dental implants, dentures and crowns are performed at a lower cost in Turkey than they are in North America and other European countries. This is the reason why thousands of medical tourists visit Turkey on a monthly basis for dental procedures.
Having a dental veneer procedure in Turkey will help you save up to 80% of the amount you'd have used for the same treatment in the United State and the United Kingdom. In the US, you are more likely to spend between $925 to $2,500 for a dental veneer procedure. But for that same treatment in Turkey, you can fork out something between €85 and €150.
Before and After the Procedure
Just before the dental veneer procedure begins, your dentist will start by giving you local anesthesia so that you become comfortable during the whole procedure. As soon as the anesthesia kicks in, the surgery will then begin by removing the outer layer of enamel from the teeth which is being treated.
After the procedure is over, your dentist will give you a set of instructions to follow. The list of instructions may sometimes differ from one individual to another. But in most cases, the set of instructions look like this:
- A week before the procedure, you should stop taking Aspirins and any other meds associated with blood thinning.
- If you are allergic to any drugs, you should inform your surgeon as soon as possible.
- Patients advised to avoid smoking 24 hours before the surgery.
- Consuming any alcoholic beverages can affect anesthesia. So you should not take in anything alcoholic 24 hours prior surgery.
- If you are taking meds for chronic or acute diseases such as diabetes and heart disease, you should inform your surgeon before the surgery commences.
Istanbul Dental Center is the Best Location for Dental Veneers
Of all the Dental Clinics in Turkey, İstanbul Dental Center is the only dental clinic in the country that has an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Assurance Certification from the United Kingdom and was also accredited by the Turkish Ministry of Health for Health Tourism.
Managed and supervised by a team of expert dentists who have professional achievements that are renowned internationally, the Istanbul Dental Center is known for giving the best dental and oral medical care and treatment. The dental center is a conglomeration of experiences in the dentistry field, and it has been in operation for several years.
Even after the patient(s) leaves the clinic, dentists have a tendency of following them up so as to ensure that the preventive medical practices are followed in the patient’s post-treatment life. Istanbul Dental Center has a great reputation of keeping international patient rights and patient satisfaction requirements at all times.
Over to you…
If you are considering having veneers in Turkey, but don’t want to go through that daunting process of sorting traveling arrangements, booking hotels and scheduling medical appointments, FlyMedi can help with all that. We also present to you a list of accredited and renowned dental clinics in Turkey and help you make an informed decision.
This content is edited by Flymedi Medical Editors in March 2020